Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler
This Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler is a fun new way to eat apple cobbler! Cooked apples are topped with snickerdoodle cookie dough and baked for a delicious fall or anytime dessert.
Originally taken from http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2015/08/snickerdoodle-apple-cobbler/
1 cup unsalted butter, softened and divided
6 Granny Smith (or your favorite flavor) apples, peeled and sliced thin
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
3 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
3/4 cup + 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the sliced apples, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss to coat. Cook for 5-8 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring often, until the apples just become translucent. Set aside to cool while you make the topping.
3. Cream 3/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat in egg and extract. Mix in baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Slowly mix in flour.
4. Pour apples into a 9x13” baking dish. Spoon tablespoons of the cookie dough mixture evenly over the top in a single layer.
5. Mix remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over cookie dough.
6. Bake for about 24-26 minutes until the cookie dough starts to brown. Cool slightly before serving. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream. Store in refrigerator loosely covered for up to 3 days.